10.29.2012

Lexington BBQ Festival

          This past Saturday was the 29th annual BBQ festival in Lexington, NC, which is only 30 minutes or so  away from Greensboro.  So Vlad and I decided to venture over and check it out.  I had been once before several years ago but this year's seemed bigger than I remembered.
           The streets of uptown Lexington were stacked with vendors side by side, selling everything from decorated coolers to homemade BBQ sauce.  Face painters filled the streets with kids who had vivid faces of pumpkins and tiger stripes.  Rodney Adkins and Dustin Lynch were just two of the artists who took the stage, playing so the entire festival could hear!
          The food cart menus listed everything imaginable....deep fried.  With more variety than the fair, there was deep fried bacon, deep fried butter, and deep fried cheesecake.  Not including the usual funnel cakes, blooming onions, and the general food that is known for its deep fried qualities.  Of course, how could I forget to mention the BBQ stands!  Hot sandwiches or trays filled to the brim with a combination of sliced BBQ and red slaw, paired with a side of homemade curly fries for a southern treat only found in Lexington.  It's events like these that attract a more than interesting crowd, that reminds me just how southern North Carolina really is.
This year's gigantic sandcastle design
Look who we found!
The Davidson County Beekeeper's Association Booth Display

The Candy Factory

          The Candy Factory, which had a line to get in, is such a fun place to explore!  It's a time machine selling retro candy that can be hard to find now.  It's vintage decor and knick knacks create an atmosphere of times past and it becomes a candy playground with barrels of licorice pieces and cinnamon swirls, walls of jelly bean jars, and windows of chocolate fudge displays. I could have stayed for hours taking pictures, but with it so crowded and out of respect for others waiting to get in, I only got a few!

5 comments:

  1. I love the BBQ and your pics! I might be drooling at 9:30 am for some BBQ. :o) Esther Norine Designs

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have some beautiful photos! That bbq fest looks like a blast and that candy shop sounds like just my style! I adore all things vintage :)
    Thanks so much for linking up with the GFC Collective, hope you acquired some new followers!
    Bre @ Peacoats and Plaid

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun day! I love your pictures, the festival and candy factory look amazing! Saw your message on BBN and am so happy to follow you on Bloglovin. I can't wait to read more. Thanks.
    xo
    girlintheyellowdress.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. omg this looks like so much fun. festivals are always the best time. everything looks delicious. i love the honey bees too!! thanks so much for stopping by heartandthrift.blogspot.com ... your newest follower sammy :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this post! And that candy factory -- ohhhh myyyy. I LOVE candy :) Must go see it!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you and appreciate all the love notes I get :D