12.24.2012

Christmas Cupcakes

Merry Christmas Eve everyone!  As this Christmas season comes to a close, it brings a time when all the presents are wrapped and the bows are tied and we can simply relax with our family and enjoy the holiday!

If anyone else has a baking tradition in their family, here's a festive dessert to try!  During the winter, my vice has always been candy canes, I eat them throughout the day and put them in hot chocolate at night!  Cupcakes are such a classic dessert, but I love them because there are endless ways to decorate them, and I really wanted to incorporate them into my cupcakes, so I added red food coloring to the white cake batter to give the inside a marbled candy cane effect, and I hand-crushed miniature candy canes into various sizes to use as sprinkles on top!

They turned out so pretty and were perfect for the holiday week with family and friends!  I hope you're having a relaxing day and are with the people you love the most!  Merry Christmas!


6 comments:

  1. These look as beautiful as they must taste!
    Have a wonderful holiday!
    xo
    girlintheyellowdress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look delicious! :) Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. these look great! Just might have to try them out tomorrow!

    Merry Christmas

    -Bonnie
    www.theesquirette.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. mmmmmm yummo they look totally YUMMY ! new follower from aloha affair .hope you can come follow mw too ?
    hugs xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey! I am new to your blog, found you through BBN! I love your photography. I've always been interested in it and want to pursue it as a career some day! I also live in NC. :)

    <3 Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yum, they look great! Thanks for the recipe! :]
    {Em ♥ teatreevintage.blogspot.com}

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you and appreciate all the love notes I get :D