The past week has just been so busy, but packed with lots of festivities! With Valentine's Day and all of the beautiful flowers and cute crafts, Mardi Gras was kind of lost in the mix. So I just wanted to take a day, and revisit this year's Fat Tuesday celebration!
Of course we had another family dinner, a smaller one, but still a get together that gave us a chance to sit down, relax and enjoy the day. We went for a somewhat southern menu, since we were on a short timetable, we settled for BBQ sandwiches, coleslaw, cornbread, cajun potatoes and hushpuppies! I tried a new recipe with the potatoes, and while they were still crispy and delicious, if I'd had a little more time they might have looked at little better!
After all the food was on the table and place settings were made, everyone took their place at the table, even Einstein had his own chair and behaved so well I could barely stand how cute he was. He wasn't even interested in the food (he doesn't like BBQ after he tried a bite), he just wanted to be part of the family! He even looked at whoever was talking like he was paying the upmost attention!
Here's the recipe I used for the Cajun Potatoes and my how-to photos below, if you were interested in trying it too! I hope you enjoy them as much as we did!
Crispy Cajun Potato Wedges:
Prep: 15 mins Bake: 45 mins Yeilds: 2 servings
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 4-1/2 teaspoons ranch salad dressing mix
- 3/4 teaspoon Cajun seasoning, divided
- 3/4 cup crushed cornflakes
- 2 medium russet potatoes
- In a shallow bowl, combine the milk, mayonnaise, dressing mix and 1/2 teaspoon Cajun seasoning. In another shallow bowl, combine cornflakes and remaining Cajun seasoning. Cut each potato into eight wedges; dip in mayonnaise mixture, then coat with crumbs.
- Arrange in a single layer in a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 375° for 45-50 minutes or until tender and lightly browned, turning once. Yield: 2 servings.