3.23.2013

Sponsor Saturday: Operation Smile

There have been several sponsors who have approached me for presenting a post to you about their company, and as some of you have seen, I've chosen ones that I think you, as readers, will find relevant or interesting.  So when CampusBookRentals.com contacted me, I was so excited to share them with you!

Everyone needs textbooks for school, no matter what your major is, you will have classes that require textbooks.  However, they are so outrageously expensive that it's hard to manage with everything else you also need.  Using CampusBookRentals.com will lighten a little of the college student's financial strain and give back to an amazing cause at the same time!  With every textbook you rent from their site, they donate to Operation Smile!  How many college bookstores can say that?!

Beyond putting good karma out into the universe by using CampusBookRentals.com, some other perks for you include:
-saving 40-90% off of bookstore prices
-free shipping both ways
-being allowed to highlight on the pages
-having flexible renting periods
-and more…(
you can find more perks on their website if you're interested.

They also have a new program, RentBack, which is a new initiative that allows students to rent the textbooks they already own - to other students...which is awesome because it makes you 2-4x more money compared to what you'd make from just selling your books back at the end of the semester!  


Now back to Operation Smile!  This is such an amazing cause that changes people's lives all over the world!   I love this particular video, because it shows their lives beyond the cause, and you can see a glimpse into the family's perspective.  It tends to be hard for me to see struggles other people face, since we are all so focused on what's in front of us.  Programs like this one, that touch thousands of lives, in hundreds of countries, really touch my heart.  Being connected to people all over the world through this blog has truly been a fascinating experience that I cherish, so I am thrilled to help support an international cause, even if it's only in a small way!

2 comments:

  1. Oh, if I only knew of websites like this when I was in college! :]
    ♥Emma Deer

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love this post and your blog!
    ,Nancy
    http://lacelemonsandlove.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you and appreciate all the love notes I get :D