9.27.2011

Today in the Garden.

Growth:
Cucumbers:  The perfect  spiral.  The beginning of a vine that will bring length and produce. And the bud of a yellow flower that will soon unfold into an elegant silk beauty.

Dill: The tiny flowers add just the hint of color. My dill plant itself is also over a foot tall!

Succulents:  Of all my succulents, this plant has noticeably grown the most! Almost an inch in             height!

Viola: For growing flowers, my thumb hasn't been the greenest, but after the seeds in this container have been sown for over a month and a half, my viola plants are finally sprouting!   Those five tiny leaves show me I did at least one thing right!  However, out of 20 seeds only five have sprouted even the faintest green leaves, but hopefully the ones that have will continue to!

Color:
     Sunlight. 

          As it is the one thing that provides all life, it also has amazing additions to other parts of life.  As I mentioned in a previous post, full sunlight can change the shade and color of certain succulents.  Here is the plant when I first bought it, and now what it has grown into on the full sun porch after three weeks.  It went from a dark plum only on about a third of the plant to now a brighter maroon that cover three fourths of the leaves.  Not only has the plant grown but the color has deepened into a much richer purple.
                           Before...                                          After

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you and appreciate all the love notes I get :D