3.22.2012

Waiting for Things to Grow...

Garden on the Porch
Planting Day!
          It's that time of year again!  Last year I planted a container garden, but it was more of an experiment to see what would work!  It's already so warm this spring, I thought I'd get a head start. 
         Before I started I scavenged the thrift store to get a few extra planters, and I found a treasure in an old tin with Mucha's artwork on it.  My kitchen is decorated with his posters, so I fell in love with it immediately!  I love using random containers, like vintage tins, old kitchenware and pretty china vases for planting herbs and flowers.  With a layer of pebbles for drainage, they work perfectly!
        This year I'm definitely still learning and bought some seeds for experiments again, but I learned a lot from last year so I'm hoping that this year will be better! I'm so excited to watch my seeds sprout and the flowers bloom!

 Some of this year's Garden:
Herbs: Sweet Mint, Orange Mint, Sweet Basil, Rosemary, Parsley, (seeds) Thyme, Chives, 
Veggies: Cherry Tomatoes, Broccoli, Iceberg Lettuce, Romain Lettuce, Spinach (seeds) Cucumbers, Peppers, Corn, and Snap Peas.
Fruit: Strawberry, Raspberry
Flowers: Snapdragons, Roses

 
TA DA!
Once everything has been planted, cleaned up and watered it all comes together!
Now I'm just waiting for things to grow...
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you and appreciate all the love notes I get :D