9.21.2011

Fairies in the Garden

          Today I was given a little magic in my garden.  I recently brought from home my old fairy post that I used to put in all my plants when I was little.  It really must be about twelve years old from when my seventh birthday party was elegantly planned by my mother in a fairy theme.  I put it in one of my cucumber containers and a few days later this is what I woke up to...


          As legend goes, centuries ago, the sudden appearance of a circular pattern of mushrooms in people's soil had them believing that fairy rings were in the making. The English believed that fairy rings were where fairies came to dance and celebrate, the mushrooms of the rings were used as stools for the fairies to recuperate during the evenings festivities. Some believe that building their home in an area that had fairy rings would bring good luck to the family that settled there. Some believed that the fairy ring was the spot where fairies had chosen to bury their treasure, one catch, you needed a fairy to obtain the treasure. When dew formed on the outer area of grass, young maidens would use this moisture in love potions or as a remedy for complexion problems.

       I seemed to have welcomed fairies with my old garden post in this container!  And theres not a single mushroom in any of pot.  So dance and sing, and celebrate life!








No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you and appreciate all the love notes I get :D