9.15.2011

Today in the Garden

          Today I walked out to the porch and started to notice several more beautiful things happening...
 

LOVAGE:  My lovage sprouted a new stem and the leaves finally started spreading out and unfolding!

Medieval Magic & beliefs: Lovage was commonly used in love potions. In addition the plant also acted as a sentry of the home; if planted in front of the house lovage was supposed to keep off all evil forces, such as plague, snakes, insects etc.
Historical notes: Given the plants medical and magical powers, it is no wonder that lovage was an extremely important herb during the Middle Ages. Therefore a garden without this plant would be very rare.

BASIL-Since basil is one of the few annual plants in my little garden, it's almost time for its leaves to fall.  But I did get one last flowering of little white petals!
And it looks like I'm expecting my first flower from my succulent plants!  or at least some new petals opening!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you and appreciate all the love notes I get :D