1.16.2013

Green June Bug

 
If you haven't had a chance to read my previous luna moth post, let me start by saying, this whole series was inspired because I couldn't find just the right piece of artwork to hang in my living room, so I just decided to make my own!  This green june bug drawing is the second in my three piece series inspired by, obviously, green bugs!  

The first was a delicate luna moth, so to contrast it with a similar color scheme but using a bolder palette, I choose the green june bug with its hard, metallic back.  I again used colored pencils, but didn't add a layer of chalk dusting in order to maintain the shiny effect the pencil coating leaves.

I hope you enjoy this latest drawing!  I've already started the third and final piece, which I'll be posting soon! Now all I have to do is find three pretty frames, I was thinking of a more simple designs, so I can finally hang them in my living room and see them all the time!

18 comments:

  1. These are gorgeous! I love the vibrant green and yellow!
    Jamie
    http://chatterblossom.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, these are amazing, very realistic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there, interesting drawings.

    Green is a good colour. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful work, they look amazing! I can't wait to see the next one, they're going to look great on your wall :) I'm a new follower on Bloglovin' form Tuesday Tango, looking forward to reading more (and seeing more pictures!)
    x
    Kitty & Buck

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! Just stopping by from the FTF blog hop! New follower on your lovely blog, would love to have you stop by my blog sometime and follow back if you like. Beautiful artwork!

    xoxo,
    Melissa @ thisgirlslifeblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Holy cow you are talented. I actually got to see a luna moth up close once. I found you on Thirsty Thursday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love those colors. So bold and beautiful. You're very talented. New follower from the BSN blog hop. Julie @ http://icreatepurtythangs.blogspot.com.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow the colours are just amazing!
    xo
    girlintheyellowdress.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are beautiful! I love how vibrant the greens are. Excellent pieces for your room.
    xo
    Tiffy
    www.CuteLA.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. They are just beautiful and absolutely love the colours.

    Kate x
    http://www.kateathome.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your art is BEAUTIFUL!!! Love how colorful it is. I wish I had your talents!

    xo Shane

    ReplyDelete
  12. The is so vibrant - gorgeous! I just discovered your blog through the hop, I'm now following on GFC and look forward to reading more!

    Lauren
    www.stylelixir.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Found you through the GFC Hop. So happy to be following you now!You are so talented!!
    -Bethany
    http://eatemup121.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you and appreciate all the love notes I get :D